A year can seem like such a long span of time, and yet it goes by so quickly! As I look back on this year, I see my successes and regrets. There are so many amazing things I got to experience this year, and yet there are things I wish I had actually done, but didn’t (for one reason or another).
Instead of dwelling on the negatives of 2016, I want to use them as an opportunity to improve in 2017. Here are some of my goals and aspirations for the new year:
1. SHARE MORE HERE ON LEAFVEINS. My goal is to share, inspire, and create a community for other like minded, creative babes, or anyone looking for some inspiration
2. MAKE, MAKE, MAKE. I’m a creative at heart, and I’m sorry to say I’ve been neglecting my artistic side for too long. I love making, drawing, painting, and and I intend to do much more creating in the new year
3. SAY YES TO OPPORTUNITIES. I want to grow more as a person, and I want to take on more opportunities that help me to do so
4. PROCRASTINATE LESS. I am SO guilty of procrastinating, and it has led to a number of late nights cramming for exams or last minute scrambles to finish assignments. It took me 20+ to (hopefully) finally learn my lesson
5 . RECORD MORE. I have terrible memory, and one of the best things I started to do this year is to post more on Instagram to help me not only share my (mis)adventures, but catalog events with pictures and captions. I want 2017 to be full of more shared memories.
To end on a positive look, here are some of the amazing things I got to do and experience this year:
- Witness the Superbloom at Death Valley
- Have my 6th birthday!! (I’m a leap baby)
- Celebrate 5 years together with my boyfriend
- Finally visit the LA arboretum and solidify in my mind that I want to be an Environmentalist
- Worked as an intern for an LA based Environmental nonprofit over the summer
- Walk amongst giants in Sequoia National Park
- Have one of my best friends return from his 3+ years in the Marines
- Meet a handful of YouTubers/content creators/creative babes who I really respect and whose content I love
- Go to FYF (Fuck Yeah Fest) in LA where we saw LCD Soundsystem, Tame Impala, Todd Terje, Peter Bjorn and John, Mac Demarco, and other amazing musicians
- Finish my second to last semester before earning my Bachelors in Ecology and Environmental Science
Here’s to the end of another year, and the hopeful beginnings of a new one. Happy New Year!!